View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:40 PM
SLUFF
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2021
Default God Bless You

I'm sorry you are having to endure this hardship My hope and prayer is for you to endure and persevere whatever the final outcome.

First off I live in a glass house so this is not an attempt to throw stones as I have also been through a divorce. I have since remarried and this will be my short bullet point treatise to support the covenant of marriage.

1. There are always two sides to every story. Both parties are wrong and fall short of the love we all espoused at the alter or in front of the JP. Romans 3:23 or Isaiah 53:6. I'm guilty brother.

2. The good news is, in spite of our inability to be the perfect loving spouse (for all have fallen short). The marriage covenant is a promise to hold firm in spite of our failures and of course vice versa.

3. My perspective is obviously Christian, so the good news for those who have trusted in Christ is He will fill in the gaps where both parties have failed.

4. My wife has endured 22 plus years now (in round two) of my failing to measure up and again vice versa. However, the most valuable relationship by far is with the woman whom has chosen to endure the hardships with me. No one knows me, or cares for me or supports me like she does/has. I definitely am not a marriage master as many days it is only the Grace of God that sustains our relationship.

My prayer for all who read this is for you to experience the depth, grace, compassion and perseverance found in a committed life long relationship. Again, I will only be able to tell you at the end of my days if in fact we do succeed. With great risk comes great reward!