View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 01:18 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by LEROY JENKINS View Post
Been presented with a 5 year money vehicle that is intriguing. Curious what the smart money guys here think (and the rest of us as well).

Basically would you be willing to take 75% of the gains from the S&P 500 the next 5 years, but not lose any principal on any down years. Obviously it's a hedge that back of the napkin math seems like you'd be betting on at least one 10% correction year 2 or 3 or some combination.

Normally I'm really risk tolerant but I'm not seeing any encouraging market based decisions from our new government. Hard to be positive especially after such a good run. Feels like we're due a correction.

Hoping to hit my retirement goal ($3M) early in 5 years around age 55. Need about 8% return with normal 401k contributions. TIA
S&P 500 is at nose bleed valuation according to the Shiller CAPE ratio. Expected Return over next 10 years is less than 5%. Think about investing your money in broad ETFs diversified over over multiple asset classes, with a tilt towards Emerging Markets. Emerging markets and Foereign Developed markets have better CAPE valuations and outlooks. Personally in a static portfolio rebalanced quarterly if have less than than 20% of my equities allocation in the S&P 500

Not investing advice DYODD

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk