View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 04:26 AM
LEROY JENKINS
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
S&P 500 is at nose bleed valuation according to the Shiller CAPE ratio. Expected Return over next 10 years is less than 5%. Think about investing your money in broad ETFs diversified over over multiple asset classes, with a tilt towards Emerging Markets. Emerging markets and Foereign Developed markets have better CAPE valuations and outlooks. Personally in a static portfolio rebalanced quarterly if have less than than 20% of my equities allocation in the S&P 500

Not investing advice DYODD

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That's pretty close to what I have currently. 1/3 emerging markets and 1/3 in S&P funds. Only thinking about doing this for that piece. Agree that valuations are sky high. Been aggressive and long-viewed my entire life and it's served me well. Struggling with transitioning that mindset now that I'm getting close. 5% expected return the next 10 years the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Basically its a bet between slow growth or a volatile correction. Maybe some good medium risk municipal bonds. Lot of borrowing to shore up budgets.