View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
wildcat1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

IMHO you would be better off at AMF, although that isn't a knock against Airnet.

The reason I think you'll be better off at AMF is based on the opportunity to move into a multi engine turbo-prop rather quickly. It varies with experience, but many of the Chiefton pilots move into the 99 with in months. I've even heard of some that flew a route for a week and then started training in the 99. That is the exception, not the rule.

As with any upgrade time, it is subject to change. However, you can pretty much bet on 6 months or less so long as you are not adverse to moving. In fact, I wouldn't sign a lease, buy a house or keep anything you can't fit in your car and move at a moments notice. You can settle down, if you like, once you have a run with a 1900 or Metro. You will be in that position for about a year.

In all, you can be in a 1900 or Metro in a year or so and make enough money to survive on something other than balonga and catsup sandwiches.

You won't reach the lear and if all you care about is jet time, AMF is not for you. However, you'll find that time in a 1900 or Metro is quality time and well respected in the industry.