View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 04:49 AM
Allegheny
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

Dr. Lambrou's reputation is mixed. He has had personal trouble with the FAA and lost his pilot's certificate at one time. I don't know his pilot status at this time. He is a former US Airways pilot and also had trouble with the company, but I don't know the details. He is not my ME.

On the medical side, he is expensive but top notch. He specialty is difficult recertifications. He is particularly good with cardiac recertification. He has a well known group of cardiac experts he works with that the FAA trusts. His reapplication paperwork and procedures are absolutely top notch and he understands the people and process of recertification. He answers all the questions the FAA would ask before they ask them. He would be my go-to guy for a questionable recertification if I didn't have union representation, ie. ALPA or APA aero-medical. I have also had good luck with Harvey Watt's Aero-Med guys. They gave me good tips on timing on cataract surgery.

In the Pittsburgh area I would recommend Dr. F.N. Parent, in Monongahela, PA. Very easy to get an appointment and easy to work with.