View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 05:57 AM
Captainfit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Considering your current position on the totem pole of this industry, you’re going to be making sacrifices and relying on a lot of luck and timing for quite a while. You really want to go FULL STEAM AHEAD as much as possible as early as possible to take advantage of those opportunities when they present themselves, but always be mindful of the sacrifices others are making around you as well.

The reality is that the sacrifices, luck, and timing are going to be a part of your entire career. If you have a good spouse, and you are a good one to her, you’ll make it work.

The hardest years being gone are when your children are young, on both you and your spouse. Now that mine are a bit older and I’ve advanced and we’ve all settled into a routine, we’ve all found balance. That being said, I would not have made it to my career destination if I had not made those many hard sacrifices earlier.

But in the end, nothing is guaranteed.
Thank you for your info! The good thing is, I will be home every night with this job while he is young. I think this will be worth the small sacrifices to get ahead in this career.