View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 02:47 AM
BrianH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by flextodaline View Post
Really?? He identified a problem. Whats his solution? keep whining and moaning, "oh poor us.....our union won't listen to what the real problems are....." This is new??? Is the thread starter going to run for an MEC position to try and change things? Is he trying to rally the troops to make the union voice stronger??? Trying to get this group to speak as one is like trying to herd cats.....the last voice that did that was George Sees......and that was 25 years ago.......good luck.....
I have written my thoughts many times publicly. I don't believe I will run again for any union position. My goal is simple. I want to leave the place better than I found it and with the current path, I am concerned contract '21ish will turn out to be another lost opportunity. The other goal is to inform and understand where the membership's knowledge base is currently.

And I agree, there is a lot of work to be done before openers are penned. Call, write, or message your reps. After openers are penned, it is very hard to change tacks.

Oh and to be talked about in any context while George is mentioned is very humbling indeed. I could not fill his shoes, but I'd try. Will you?