Thread: Growth
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 11:22 AM
Tailhookah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Widget Jet

Originally Posted by 3 green View Post
In reality, the whole blocking of the middle seats is a joke. It's ok to sit beside each other on 2 seat row but not a 3 seat row? Also, you still have someone siting all around you including in front, behind, and across the aisle..But if passengers fall for that then so be it, and I don't blame Delta for doing it. While I was a non rev recently, passengers were talking about this exact thing and saying it is false advertising promo.
Medically it may just be a joke... I’m not a doctor so I’ll not be “that” guy who claims to be an expert. But what I do know, from listening to enough talk on skynet or by reading the interviews done with Ed and Co., is that people who actually care.... our customers.... say it’s the number one reason and paramount to why they are choosing Delta over everyone else. After flight surveys... this is real data, not some expert pilot on APC who knows it all. These surveys show that the middle seat block is sometimes the only reason why people are flying us... cost be damned. They’ll pay more for the separation. While we’ve been doing that, we are making more than our peers who haven’t been doing that. Fact. Not conjecture.

When things recover I’m sure we will lose some of those customers when they are packed into coach seats again, but psychologically speaking, some of those will be new Delta loyal customers that we didn’t have prior to WWC... World War Covid.

That’s the truth peeps.