Old 02-20-2021, 05:26 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Firefighterpilo View Post
No I honestly have a limited knowledge on the trades, but I can say when you open your eyes towards other careers you can be surprised what other careers pay and schedule they work.

When you find a career you are interested in talk to guys currently in it to get the most accurate info. That’s what I did after flying a brutal 4 day trip in the NE. I walked into my local fire station and asked them to tell me all about their job including the positives and negatives. After a couple of hours of chatting and hearing how much they all loved the job I was sold.

Every career has ups and downs the key is finding the ones that have the same ups that you seek.

Good luck just remember that just because you stop flying for a living doesn’t mean you have to stop flying. Or that you can never go back when the lifestyle because more consistent with your life.
Thank you. I think I should talk to some guys in the field to get a better feeling about the job. I couldn’t see myself being a firefighter lol. Thanks for all the hard work you do