Thread: Application ?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 10:08 AM
sigler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by pinseeker View Post
Since you brought it up, here is part of that section. It isn't quite as simple as you stated.(f) Logging second-in-command flight time. A person may log second-in-command time only for that flight time during which that person:

(1) Is qualified in accordance with the second-in-command requirements of § 61.55, and occupies a crewmember station in an aircraft that requires more than one pilot by the aircraft's type certificate;

Is the aircraft bunk a crew station? Does the aircraft type require someone to be in that bunk with an augmented crew in order to operate that aircraft.

I'll state for a final time, check with the company that you are interviewing with if that is how they want you to report your flight time. It's far better to know up front what they are looking for than to give them the impression that you are trying to pad you flight time in order to get an interview. It may never come up, but if it does and it is where you really want to end your career, you may have just ended your chances with that company before you ever started.
Your arguing one needs to comply with (1) and (2). Looking at other regs, I believe if that were the case there would and an “and” after (1) and (2), and not an “or” like there is after (2). The way I read it, either one of the three items under 61.51 (f) satisfies the requirements for logging SIC time.