View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 05:58 AM
Iceberg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Funk View Post
So what are the thoughts on the nature of the AE posted? The imbalances on the NB categories, some running 3:1 FO to CA, obviously aren't viable for operations. ATL717 looks the like the worst of the imbalances. While I do believe the company would love to have more pilots under a seat lock in order to limit some level of training for a time, that seems like actual chess master level planning, and manning projections and plans don't seem to look very far into the future, let alone scheming to lock pilots into seats.

The thought comes to mind, however, with the hinted CA and WB FO bid soon to follow:
1) Is the company really gunning for affected FOs to bid themselves into seat locks with the next bid?
2) Do the large FO vacancies portend CA openings in those categories to balance out?
A) Any idea on the number of displaced CAs that could exercise reinstatement, or can bid back to left seat because they don't have a seat lock from their MD?
B) Some of the FO openings seem incongruous with fleet size (717?), or previous drawdown (NYC73N), so what happens with these during a follow up bid? Gratuitous seatlock (717), go back to a larger category (NYC737), or?
3) How many of the affected pilots may end up bidding for their old seats, leading to SRQ?
4) How many pilots hadn't finished OE and would therefore require a full course? (200-300?)

BONUS: Bold predictions?
I think you are correct that CR is shooting to seat lock as many of the affected as they can. I think blanket conversions for this AE the day before posting the big one so any changes result in a seat lock.

I don’t know about the training events breakdown.

Bold prediction: Too many seat locks = new hire WB pilots.