View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 06:32 AM
Duffman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by todd1200 View Post
IMO, there should be a process that allows us to get back home and get re-tested (while pay-protected). I don't think it'll ever happen, because they want to avoid the liability of knowingly exposing a bunch of people after a crew member tests positive. But they should realize that's better than unknowingly exposing 10x that many people if you went ahead and worked the trip. Seems like another example of "safety third."

That's a great point. I flew with a guy who was notified he was in close contact with an infected crew member mid-trip. The company paid for his rental car and had him drive like 500 miles home while awaiting his test results. It seems like each situation is a case-by-case basis though. What are the implications/liability if you pop positive mid trip? Can you just check in to a hotel like normal? Do you have to notify the hotel? Do you have to foot the bill for a 2 week hotel stay or does the company? Can you leave? Getting a rental car and driving across 10 states logistically requires interacting with people, so what's the ROE on that? What if you quarantining in your house/apartment/shanty under the ALS at your domicile, I mean, "budget crashpad" is impossible? Anyone have more experience with this?