Thread: Jet Linx
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:39 AM
AntiPeter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Pilot

I lasted 10 months at JetLinx. It was, by far, the worst schedule I have ever experienced in the industry.

In my particular base and type it was charter the plane at all costs. Legitimate, significant and immediate safety issues were brought up repeatedly -- I felt management would just give lip service. There was an internal conference call a few weeks ago about planes landing at wrong airports, departing without flight releases, etc. The management that exists is inadequate and dysfunctional.

Omaha typically complicates matters and is totally removed from reality on the line.

The job could be enjoyable, and at times it was. It became obvious the only option was resignation. I thought most of the pilots I got to know were competent and worked very hard. However, they are underpaid, underappreciated and overworked. Without the pilots plugging the holes and getting the job done the company would be a total failure.

The company will even disregard their own Pilot Working Guidelines (PWG) to sell charter flying. The increasing frequency of violating their own guidelines to produce revenue forced me to acknowledge it was time to leave.

I regret taking a job at JetLinx.