View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 09:57 PM
RogerUp
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Exactly....as a 135 Capt, many can make $80k with the bonus/incentive programs and sleep in you own bed nightly on some runs, or be home all day, work for 2 hrs, sleep in a hotel, then work 2 hrs, be home, AND be home from late Saturday am till Monday PM....
It's all about location...live in the right place, have an ATP already, and start with a typed aircraft, it's not bad.
Start with less than 135 minimums, and you are doing old school pay your dues type of work, generally not making much, but avoiding time building by being a CFI....so there is a place for it.
The Ameriflight "superthread" if you want to call it that,
​​​​​​has a wide cross section of people who respond, from disgruntled ex-employees, recruiters, line pilots, instructors and chiefs.
​​​​​​

Hi, I'm a PPL trainee here and aiming to be a cargo/airline pilot through their program. Forgive me but, what is major downside of being a Certified Flight Instructor compare with a 135 cargo carrier job? I was told my flight school is hiring CFI for 80 hrs/month guaranteed. If not the time, could it be their payrate? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.