Thread: XOJET Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 02:56 PM
Simboss
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018

A lot of this thread is painting a pretty negative light of XO. The truth is that we are a growing company. Vista Global has purchased other companies. This is solely to grow our brand and company. They are all operating separately. This will, however, bring a much bigger client base to XO and Vista. We have powered through Covid better than most 135 companies. I personally still enjoy working here. Most of our upper leadership is made up of people that have been with the company for years. They have kept the great culture intact. I have always felt that the upper leadership at XO has been very supportive of the pilot group while also staying realistic financially.

Pay was temporarily frozen because we have had to sell trips significantly cheaper to stay competitive in the Covid market. We do have to meet certain numbers to reinstate the pay raises. This freeze has only been for a few months. We are currently on pace to meet that criteria this month. I have full faith they will return to normal pay raises per our agreement. XO continued to pay our annual bonuses all year. No pilots took pay cuts. I did hear that upper management took temporary steep pay cuts to power through the Covid recession.

We still all complete training on our normal scheduled days. We still get to take our vacation days. I personally took several days off on emergency leave thanks to the winter storms in February. XO still fully understands when we need to be home for family emergencies. They are happy to help us be home when we really need to be.

I am currently on an 8/6 schedule. Most of us are. I don’t see that changing or being forced to change. There are people on a 15/13 schedule. Its only one option of many as far as schedules go.

Operations has been a growing part of the company. Any issue that pilots have had, are being addressed. They are a solid group of people who work hard to support us. XO is still expanding the services that operations provide to the pilots and customers.