Thread: XOJET Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:39 AM
Peabody17
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

Current XOJET employee here. There is very little I can add to the chorus of voices (especially as he exhibits his usual descriptive eloquence) showing that BCB27’s opinion was an outlier. However, I will make it a little more personal:

-Kevin, our President, has faced incredible challenges, only exacerbated by a global pandemic. I for one have been extraordinarily impressed with his business savvy, open communication, and willingness to work with the Roundtable to achieve measurable goals with minimal pain to the pilots. The fact that XOJET never furloughed any pilots during the last year, but instead offered a voluntary reduced schedule and even brought back pilots from other furlough situations, speaks volumes to me about the care and concern for our families and livelihoods.

-To say that Tyler, our DO, stepped into a hornet’s nest of activity would be an understatement. The move to Florida, massive hiring/training in all operational departments, integration of systems across companies, borders and time zones, all while dealing with COVID. Any of these would have been challenging, but together they must’ve felt overwhelming. And yet, he continued to work on the challenges while ensuring a safe operation in which I always felt I had his support on the line.

-Jay, our CP, also has excelled at keeping the main thing the main thing. Keeping us informed weekly, addressing each concern, including some as surprising as a rise in dog “issues”, and protecting us pilots from as much BS as was humanly possible really set him apart. When COVID personally affected me, the entire CPO went above and beyond in helping, and ensuring that my only concern was protecting my loved ones and getting better. Pay was covered, any health or personal needs were addressed, and I knew absolutely that only one phone call was required to get any help needed. Tough times like that are when you truly learn what kind of an organization you work for, and I am not about to give that up!

Pilots will *****. I get it. It’s rare that anyone likes a uniform, but if that’s what the brand calls for, I will wear it proudly. No one likes a pay freeze, but it beats the hell out of a furlough, mandatory reduced schedule or permanent layoffs. Do I wish schedulers knew my every need or desire without me telling them? Sure, but it’s not realistic.

So ***** if you want BCB27, but I’m thrilled to be working at XOJET and am very proud of the job that leadership and the Roundtable are doing!!!