View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 06:13 AM
scistrans
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Default Introduction

I’m a retired Boeing 737-400/-800 captain, having flown for a low-cost domestic carrier in Cape Town, South Africa. As a first language English speaker with a basic TEFL/TESL qualification, I’m looking to offer online Aviation English classes to foreign language aircrews and airport workers. I’m willing to offer both group and one-on-one classes. Classes will initially be designed for personnel who have achieved at least ICAO proficiency level 3 upwards. The goal will be to help participants to think in English, and to express themselves clearly and spontaneously in the event of an emergency. Standard ICAO phraseology will be taught and practiced using realistic scenarios that permit group participation between pilots, cabin crew, air traffic control, maintenance technicians and ground crews. An interested person will be able to choose classes according his or her availability and the topics that he or she would like to explore. Weekly topics will be posted, along with the timetable to allow one to make bookings with great flexibility. Average class duration will be one hour. We will practice emergency communications, passenger announcements and briefings, communications with air traffic control etc. The ultimate objective will be to raise participants’ proficiency all the way to ICAO level 6. Projected start date is first of May. Later in the year ab initio English classes will be scheduled for beginners, with fixed time frames. I would sincerely appreciate suggestions on who I could contact to find potential students/participants