View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:43 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Of COURSE the WHO is going to attribute the source of the virus to an animal source. Go watch the Rogan podcast where his guest obliterates the idea of it originating from a wet market and says the evidence is clear it escaped a lab in Wuhan.
It's at least remotely possible, that it accidentally escaped. It's a legit lab, which is legitimately located where it's located... specifically to study this kind of biology. So all of the ingredients are potentially in place, just need one little oopsie.

But for those same reasons it's also obviously plausible that it came directly from nature via wet markets. Not a whole lot of industrial hygiene there, while the lab at least tries to do industrial hygiene and bio-safety.

Either way, the underlying root cause is the large-scale processing and consumption of wildlife. If it weren't for that, the lab wouldn't have existed. We actually have a small issue with that here in the US with prion disease from game animals, it's just not a big deal because of the way it spreads (you have to handle or eat the animal, it can't spread from human to human unless you're Hannibal Lecter). So it's rare but it happens.

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
I can’t access the video where I am right now or I’d post the link.
I'll check it if you can post it.