View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 AM
BrianH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Agreed there are only two sides at the table. We are labor. ALPA has to speak for us, but what are they saying?

Do you want a NC chairman that says he won't embarrass himself at the table asking for too much? Or do you want a NC chairman that is willing to ask for all we deserve?

The MEC Chairman says stay informed, but is he actively helping to hold local council meetings, or actively working to against them?

The question you should be asking is not wether ALPA speaks for you, but rather, what are they saying and are the LISTENING. PSPP anyone?

It would be great to be able to confidently say my NC speaks for me. Yet "Trust but Verify" comes to mind. How have we done in the past without knowledge (lie flat seats anyone, new section 24)? It would sure be good to know before I am given yet another pin to wear.

All this said, I respect our current NC chairman. He is an honorable man, but I just don't think he is going to ask for what you are worth. So is the MEC is going to allow that to happen again? Time will tell.