View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 07:46 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Regularguy View Post
Rickair

Well if I have read you correctly I will state unequivocally that you have fallen to the propaganda and also are a captive suffering from the “Stockholm Syndrome.”

1. No matter how competent, safety protocols are enacted, proper funding, and well educated the people are accident will, not might, happen. The airline industry attempts to work towards a zero accident and fatality position yet it has never fully succeeded.
The airline industry could get a lot closer to zero fatalities if cost were no object... but of course it's a business with economics. With bio-hazard research cost should not be an object, if you can't afford to do it safaly you have no business doing it all. They should certainly be able to reduce instances of escape to something minuscule like once every century or two.

2. Unless you are a microbiologist or viral researcher your information about markers and such aren’t totally true. It is true the COVID probably was not engineered, but a very simple search for what was going on in the China lab, and many others BTW, will reveal to you what kind of work is going on. Even Dr. Fauci is a known supporter of the particular, and dangerous work that is being done.
I used to work in the bio-tech industry and am quite familiar with microbiology and viral function. I've also updated my knowledge quite a bit in the last year. I know what kind of work they were doing in the lab, that's why the lab was located in that region in the first place, that much is obvious. The question is did the bug escape from the lab?

3. As far as human hosts go, well that is also not true. All the virility testing can be done in labs without actual human testing. That is reserved for the time when the researchers decide they have a viable product to test.
Yes it is, maybe you misread what I said. If you're BREEDING a virus/bacteria, so as to avoid leaving smoking-gun genetic engineering markers, to achieve specific behavior in humans that's going to be hard to do without humans hosts especially if you're looking for a bio-weapon. You could probably use primates (likely need actual apes) to work towards enhanced contagiousness, but there are actually far fewer apes in the world than humans, they're all endangered, and obviously export-controlled. You could try doing your breeding in common lab animals, but after all the work there's no guarantee the results would translate well to humans (or any other random species).

We all want to think the world is essentially sweetness and goodness, but it just isn’t true. There is a never ending stream of sociopathic individuals waiting to dominate and use others for their personal world vision.
Yes, but the ones we're worried about are very high-functioning and no more interested in getting caught attempting mass-murder with WMD's than anyone else. They enjoy power, wealth, and privilege... few actually DESIRE to preside over a Dante-esque distopia. None want a 0200 wake-up call from somebodies national mission force. With millions dead world-wide, nukes would actually be on the table too... US, RUS, and probaby FRA have the PRC thoroughly outgunned in that regard. Besides the PRC plays a very looong game, way out of their cultural context to take crazy chances to rush to the finish line. And this is the kicker that rules out intentional bio-terrorism on the part of the PRC: Trump. They would have waited for an administration which might just possibly not nuke them if they got caught. Just like how the hostage in iran got returned minutes before Reagan was sworn in, that was not a coincidence.