View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 PM
RabidW0mbat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by mixture lean View Post
Former XJTer here. Hoping to revive this thread as I’ve been fortunate enough to be invited to interview with both during these wild times. Quick background: I’m a NJ native who started with XJT early last year and finished my ATP/type ride just in time before the music stopped, so I’m still sitting at just a thousand hours. Pros of AWAC: they own their planes, $5k bonus, better training. Pros of GoJet: growing, newer and bigger airplanes, EWR base. My biggest concerns with AWAC: future of the 200, commuting. Biggest concerns of GoJet: quality of training, their aircraft are all leased. Given my situation, which would you pick and why?
while ZW’s future may look bleak, the owners know how to make money. I doubt they are willing to quietly ride off into the night in 2 years at the end of the UA contract. The problem is we are a private company, so they don’t have to tell us jack squat. Is there a plan? Probably. No one who knows is saying anything though. The training here at ZW is amazing. You will be expected to know a good amount about the plane and think about real world situations. The 200 doesn’t hold your hand like the 700/900 doe systems wise.

G7, they seem to be the 550 darling, but as we saw with Compass, TSA, & Expressjet, contracts don’t mean too much in CPA land. One has to wonder how much magic Uncle Hulas has left in the bag. Same could be said for ZW though too. Honestly I really only see OO or RPA (maybe EDV) being safe in 5 years.