View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 06:32 AM
idlethrust
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by groundlooper View Post
A lot of people, including myself and OP, have been burned by this conventional wisdom.

FWIW, I'm in a similar boat. I'm an ExpressJet guy also furloughed out of training last April shortly after beginning IOE. I chose XJT because it was the earliest class date I could get. I've got an interview scheduled with AWAC, but I'm not entirely sure I'd accept the job if it's offered. Right now I have a cushy CFI job that would require a substantial pay cut if I were to go AWAC, and personally, with what Kirby has said about 50 seaters, I'm hesitant to go to a United only operator of 50 seaters. I am truly sick of flight instruction though, so it's a tough call to make. I may need to consult a magic 8 ball though because the future is anyone's guess.
Unless Awac comes out with a new contract for newer / bigger aircraft , I would lean towards G7
You shouldn’t have any issues in training and the EWR base gets you close to home .
I seriously doubt Awac survives this without any new ac on property.
It’s definitely a better company but they don’t seem to have the planning and foresight to plan for the future accordingly. Reactive vs proactive.