View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 06:47 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by flextodaline View Post
You’re funny.......lets take a look at the last three contracts negotiated by “our union negotiators”......Industry leading?....doubtful....concessionary.....absolute ly......did we run out of the “war chest” of money we were promised by ALPA and concede early? Perhaps. I was at the meetings....there wasn’t much cheering going on when the highlights of the TA were presented. Here’s the point. A pilot looking across the table from a learned company negotiator is almost always going to blink. And the company negotiator has been trained to look for weakness, inconsistency and openings to better the companies cause. If we (ALPA) were to use the same type of negotiators at the table, there is no reason our NC Chair could be right next to him at the table and whisper, “that’s BS, we can’t go for that”, or, “you’re on point...keep pressing”. Out of the many “polls” and “Surveys” the union takes all the time, why not bring this question to the crew force? I think you’d be surprised at how many of the members would say, “let’s bring in the big guns for a change”. But, as previously stated, our own d@mn egos’ get in the way.

So hold my beer...... I had a family member involved in negotiations and I remember him saying, "using an outside firm is the biggest false fallacy this pilot group has ever propagandized'. We have local and national attorneys involved. I hear it said by pilots at other properties on these forums all the time also. Did we not hire an outside law firm at some point in contract 06 or 11? That lasted about 6 months because we spent more time and money catching the law firm up to speed on our contract than actually them negotiating anything. It was the biggest wast of money... The company has their own in-house people just like we do. The company doesn't hire outside people to run negotiations. They may use consultants for specific pieces like we do, but not run the show. They understand you put the same people back at the table so they understand the "how we got to this" and "why". You also want pilots involved because guess who understand the application of the contract the best? The people working under it.......

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 03-20-2021 at 07:08 AM.