View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 04:29 PM
Jamo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
KB was not pushed out. He left. He has had several opportunities and has chosen his path.

Some SME's are just the person willing to tackle the issue, others are experts. Agreed that needs to change. Get involved and volunteer.

The company pays for experts. I agree its time we do the same, but Pilots must be involved. Our quality of life and pay systems are very complex. I doubt you can find a negotiator that understands bidding for seats, training, vacation, lines, Our pay rates and the reasons behind them, 117, jumpseats, scope, healthcare, FAA medicals, RSA, DSA, Cash over the cap, etc. Pilots must be involved.

With all this said, What is ALPA saying on your behalf? None of us can say. Why, because they don't know yet either and openers can be passed 1 May this year. Nervous yet?
Nobody wants ‘just’ outside specialized contract/negotiation attorneys at the table. We want them PLUS our 3 negotiators. Professionals contract negotiators catch language like “lie flat seats” etc. Did our last pilots with “skin in the game”? (The 2 past ALPA negotiation attorneys I’ve experience through another airline have proved worthless) We can have BOTH at the table!! What people are failing to understand is the attorney ALPA provides us is the equivalent to the Memphis Redbirds. The company attorneys are the Yankees. Who’s gonna win that game? As far as skin in the game, (and I’ve witnessed this first hand), the ALPA attorney is more concerned about sealing a quick deal so he/she can make it back home to family. When someone is checking their watch multiple time trying to catch a flight home while simultaneously trying to sell you a $2 hot pistol TÁ...I believe they get paid the same no matter what our contract says. It is dumbfounding why certain members of this group are so resistant to extra help. Crappy CRM if you ask me.