View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 04:13 AM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by DR K View Post

Forcing the pancake plan will have tremendously negative ramifications in our workforce for decades. If the surveys were properly constructed, this conclusion would be obvious to the committees reviewing them. DR K

Yes, this is 100% correct. If the MEC wants to divide the crew force, then they should continue down the path of "we know whats best for you."

If they truly want a unified crew force, they will actually ask the crew force what they want them to do about retirement. Vague or leading poll questions are not the way to gauge support for something as critical as changing our retirement. A contract that passes by 60% or less is a failure of the MEC and NC and a win for the company. A contract that has 90% support or greater is a win for the crew force and the MEC.

Until the MEC provides us a concrete plan for either increasing our current A plan, or gets a super majority vote by the crew force, (70% or greater) to change the structure of our DB plan, the MEC and NC do not speak for me and I will not support them.

It's better that the MEC and NC know now the kind of support they can expect based on their current actions and perceived strategy than to have another contract pass by 57%. If we want the contract that we think we deserve, we need to let the MEC know now what we will support. A former MEC Vice Chairman told me that the MEC thought that the 2015 contract wasn't good enough and would be rejected, but thought that they had to put it to a membership vote to keep the crew force from recalling them. We see what happened there.

If we actually were on the 3% annual pay raise line, our current pay rate for wide body captain would be $355 per hour in November of 2021. So how did the selling of contract 2015 go when the NC and most MEC members told us that they had exceeded the 3% line?