View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 07:04 AM
QRH Bingo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

There is so much going on here and I feel the OP has been extremely patient to his own detriment. It’s time to have a sit down chat with both the CP (or ACP if there is one) and the CFI to explain the situation and set new expectations going forward.

I got started in aviation a bit later in life than most and obtained my instructor certificates to help build some time. Being older than my colleagues I had a different expectation of not only myself but also my students. Additionally, coming from a field where communication was a must, I knew how to speak to individuals and carry on a conversation.

It’s likely there are a few things working against this young CFI; could be his lack of communication skills, desire to build time quickly, lack of knowledge and experience, lack of confidence in himself, or maybe just an entitled brat. Whatever it is, it’s time to get it addressed.

I can relate to the OPs statement about just continuing to get it over with as sometimes it will be too many steps backward just to change instructors; I’ve been there.

Over the years, there seems to be too big of a push to build hours quickly (quantity) versus providing quality instruction.

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
. . .
If it were me I'd take the CFI-I ride instead... even though the jet is all glass I at least do fly instrument procedures when I go to work. As opposed to chandelles, lazy-8's, etc.
And this^^

Last edited by QRH Bingo; 03-21-2021 at 07:24 AM.