View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 08:57 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
Then how and why do these "seasoned, professional labor relation attorneys" continue to allow the soft ambiguous language into our contracts?

Pilot SMEs?? The only pilot SME I have been impressed with was KB on retirement and he was pushed out.
I actually called ALPA about 4 administrations ago and spoke to a office pilot about “ we need to sure up the vague language that could be interpreted against us”. His almost exact quote was “we have to allow some flexibility for the company” You are correct if the in house council attorney’s have been so good in past way do we keep getting bit by vague language the ALPA attorneys signed off on? It’s either exactly like the ALPA rep told or huge repetitive mistakes by ALPA attorneys.

I remember the lay flat seat issue being brought up in the big ALPA meeting before the last contract vote. The smug NC said they had it in the notes etc how it was going to work and our concerns were not valid because of the notes. Well apparently the notes were either lost or non existent. No more side letters, secret hows it going to work, delayed implementation vagueness like the SLG or side agreements like the soft parameters that the company can just quit doing or anything not disclosed fully in the next contract to the crewforce.