Thread: WB Reserve
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:59 AM
Funk
Rodeo clown

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: Tractor seat

Originally Posted by bsh932 View Post
How difficult is it to cover LC from ATL if based in NYC? It looks like all the 330 trips start in the late afternoon, early evening. It seems like it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'd love to hear from those who have done it. Thanks
Precovid, there were 30+ ATL-NYC flights per day, but getting a seat to the preferred airport (JFK) could be much more difficult. Lots of Airbus jump seats to LGA, and the car/Uber ride is pretty reasonable both in price and time. EWR adds more options (and more likely open), but the car/Uber ride takes longer and is much more expensive. The other question is how quickly you can get yourself to ATL from the time you get the call? It’s a short flight, but if you need time to respond and get to ATL, have a backup (depends on the commuting rules in force at the time), and get from LGA or EWR to JFK, those all add complexity and time. Lastly, before taking the word/perception of an anonymous clown like myself, I would strongly suggest looking at the scheduled flight options and the cost/time of notional Uber rides from other airports. If you don’t want to do that, how likely are you to keep up with the changing options to keep yourself legal for the commute? YMMV