Thread: Ati interview
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Asci
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Ati interview

Originally Posted by RandyMo View Post
Can anyone tell me how the different types of reserve schedules work such as regular reserve, open reserve and hot reserve? Other than “hot reserve” do you spend time at home till they call you in or are you sitting in different cities?

HOT RSV is currently spent in a hotel room near the airport. There is language that specifies a shorter call out time if your actually at the airfield but presently all HOT crews spend the day in a hotel room. HOT Is only an 8 hour window all other RSV is a 12 hour window
A hard RSV line is 16 days on and 12 days off. On the large bid packet (56 days) the blocks can be broken up into a block of 16 and two 8 day blocks. On these lines you usually stay at home until they need you at which point once your out they almost always keep you out till the end of your line. Sometimes they do bring you out and sit you in a hotel somewhere to start.
Open RSV you basically sit at home and have to be available all 28 or 56 days of the bid. Once they call you out you start to accrue 3/4 of a day off for every day worked. i.e if you are out 16 days you get 12 days off. After 16 days out you start to accrue 1 day off for each additional day out. They tend to use these crews last (I’ve heard) and on the more fun flying that doesn’t necessarily follow majority of (amazon) lines. There is no limit (other than the start of the next bid) as to how long they can keep you out. Generally they don’t like to give out the 1 for 1 days so it’s usually less that 16. Basically can’t plan anything for the whole bid so not ideal for families or people who like to make plans but you can get more time off and better trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk