View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 06:47 PM
All 5 Stages
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux View Post
Perusing the bio's of the Delta Board of Directors members would suggest that the current CEO will probably have plenty of support for recent public decisions. (Ex Coca-Cola, Home Depot, etc.) Ex very senior level US government types as well; there is a cultural zeitgeist that skews heavily in one direction at that level.

I don't pretend to understand Fortune 500 company boardroom politics in the least; however, no one gets to the top of a huge company without being very, very canny about climbing the greasy poll for decades. Don't sell the guy short.

I will say that our board appears to be extremely China friendly. That was a bit of a surprise.

This company's future is tied to the good fortunes and decisions of our CEO. For all our sakes, I wish him well.
Barbarians at the Gate is a fantastic read, although somewhat dated now, detailing the machinations inside of the board room. The CEO/CFO/BoD community seems quite incestuous -- everybody knows everybody, and they all sit on each other's boards.

I'm fairly certain not much has changed since its publication; probably just a bigger club now, including academia, ex-political appointees, and NGOs.

A5S