View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 03:47 AM
theUpsideDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default AJC

“Delta teams have been working through various factors, including staffing, large numbers of employee vaccinations and pilots returning to active status," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is carrying this, I don't have an actual statement from Delta, so this is probably just emails over the weekend from Delta's PR to the AJC.

I got one prediction right, "pilots returning to active status". I should have guessed at the vaccines being pointed to. I assume the: “We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience, and the majority have been rebooked for the same travel day,” is saying 'hey this isn't as big as the last holiday screwup, we got same day service at least'.

A couple other groups have picked up the AJC, since there is no press release then media had no desire to publish a full statement. They just took whatever the AJC said, which is that access jounalism angle, and ran with it meaning Delta execs will dodge a bullet. The only way this is a bigger deal is if Republicans push some sort of "taxpayers paid for pilots and the company pocketed the money" and the narrative takes hold.

Maybe we get this sorted out soon and don't go for #4 screwup in a row.