Thread: AA Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 05:28 AM
victormike
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by sanicom3205 View Post
People aren’t “done”, they’re getting vaccines. It’s a thing of beauty.

Those 500 ish pilots who haven’t been given a return to active date are in addition to the two groups who have been notified/have been brought back. The May 2nd return to active group has no training dates. Many in the April return to active haven’t been given training dates.

A good percentage of people need to go through the long course, and everyone has to fly with a CKA. It’s going to take them a bit. I am in the May return and I don’t know if I’ll see a plane before August looking at the numbers. We dropped a lot of CKAs and didn’t replace them.

3 classes and you’re in the door
Well if you figure our planes are a cross section of the general population I’ll bet only 32% of them have had their first shot and only 19% are fully vaccinated. Yeah people are getting vaccinated but I don’t think they are disproportionately who we are flying right now. People have been locked away for a year and yes, they are done. Personal responsibility will overtake the previous fear.

Also I’m flying with too many people who don’t want the shot. If you want this industry to go back to normal get the stupid shot.