Old 04-05-2021, 06:35 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by StopBeingWhimps View Post
I dont think it will go as far as countries requiring vaccine mandates/passports for entry. I know the TV, internet mainstream news is saying this because they hope many will just go get vaccinated. It all depends on where you fly to. A widebody guy flying to Asia and parts of EU may run into that issue. Closer to home such as Mexico and Caribbean I dont see going that far to require mandated vaccines due to in part of these places weigh heavily on US tourism dollars for revenue. The mandated vaccine passport is becoming a big debate now. Mexico for the past year doesnt even require a negative covid test for entry and CUN, SJD are full of tourists and that means dollars. Mexico is aware of this, carribbean islands as well. They wont be shutting off tourists anytime soon as that will take a major hit in those dollars they desperately need for their recovery. Vaccine mandates and passports for vaccines would be a step back for those dollars. I personally know 6 people from the US and Spain that have packed up and left to spend longterm in Playa del carmen/tulum to get away from the BS and they said its very nice and free there right now.
I agree that Mexico and Latin America will probably not want to restrict their tourist trade with a vaccine mandate. The one to watch is Canada, they've been very anal about this whole thing and if they mandate it, that will catch most US domestic crew.