View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:44 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux View Post
Perusing the bio's of the Delta Board of Directors members would suggest that the current CEO will probably have plenty of support for recent public decisions. (Ex Coca-Cola, Home Depot, etc.) Ex very senior level US government types as well; there is a cultural zeitgeist that skews heavily in one direction at that level.

I don't pretend to understand Fortune 500 company boardroom politics in the least; however, no one gets to the top of a huge company without being very, very canny about climbing the greasy poll for decades. Don't sell the guy short.

I will say that our board appears to be extremely China friendly. That was a bit of a surprise.

This company's future is tied to the good fortunes and decisions of our CEO. For all our sakes, I wish him well.

But China is so much more progressive than Georgia - so it makes sense. Or are you saying they are being hypocritical and jump on certain causes claiming virtue and ignore and bend over backward to accommodate other causes totally lacking in virtue?

So are they hypocritical or are they just cowardly?

Things that make you go Hmmm.

Scoop