Old 04-06-2021, 07:20 AM
chase
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

TBNT letters are always tough. These are different times in terms of what the hiring pool looks like.

Some things for you or others to think about.

1. Internal recommendations are very helpful. Doesn’t guarantee an interview or job necessarily but if that is something one doesn’t have, scrub your contact lists for folks you may have flown with to see if any landed at XO.

2. Check out Flightaware.com and visit a nearby FBO when an XOJET is RON or passing through. Chat with crew and pass along your interest. It maybe a nobody like me or it maybe one of recruiting pilots, check airman or someone you can at least ask and compare contact lists with to see if someone you know is at XO.

3. Send a nice note back to recruiting if you get a TBNT letter. Be respectful and if you remain interested and if so that you will be reapplying at the first opportunity.

4. Keep adding to your resume (like I need to say it, no insult intended), fly flawless, no busted checkrides, community volunteer work (probably not a factor in making initial interview cut but useful depending on company’s view of volunteer work.

5. Strike up conversation with an XOJET pilot in uniform whether commuting, FBO, hotels, etc. Same reason as note 2 above.

Good luck and fly safe.

Originally Posted by pilotguy7 View Post
I got the same thing 4,700 TT 1,400 jet PIC, plenty of larger turbo prop time, 91/135, 121 - and director of safety. TBNT!! DAMN!!!
my how things have changed.