View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 11:08 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
OMG!!!

Seems to be too dificult of a homework assignment for you.

Let me see if Dad can help....

So increased bookings causing capacity problems = therefor the the boycott seems to be failing?

Could the capacity problems be due to :

CDC saying its safe to travel
Spring break
Almost 40 million Americans vaxxed
Plummeting deaths and hospitalizations due to Covid
Covid doing so well No questions asked about it at the 1 and only press presidential press briefing
People sick of lock downs....Covid fatigue
Long weekend
Delta botched UNA status
Delta misjudged the recovery
Mismanagement of currencies
.....and prolly the biggest....The media isn't 24/7 in your face about how we are all gonna die and it's "Cheetos fault"

These are all possibilities for why we have a capacity problem.....demand is up and should continue up compared to last year. So, for you to take to position that the "boycott seems to be failing" (whether true of not) has virtually very little to do with the capacity problem. You have taken 2 disparate "factoids" and derived a possibly correct answer...but your answer (even if true) has almost nothing to do with the capacity problem.
So you are saying the boycott is killing our bookings or not working? You seem to be making my point! I will stick with the boycott is not working and in fact is having zero impact on our bookings relative to other airlines. Everyone knows the things you mention, however bookings are coming back even faster than expectations given those issues.