View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 09:35 AM
53x11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by mikea72580 View Post
I stayed at 2 Bonvoy(Marriott) properties on my last trip. Both times gave them the member # and was told I’d get credit for stay. Then, nothing. Is anyone getting credit(not points) for layover stays with Bonvoy?
I’m out on disability for a while, but on the domestic side, I had the best luck with Marriott properties. Westin in particular. I would give them my # and put my Marriott card on file for incidentals. As long as I put a meal or snack/bottle of water on my card, I’d usually get credit for the stay and a few points. I can’t think of a single Westin (domestic) that didn’t give me credit. International is a different story. Only had a few international hotels give me credit. I’d always get access to lounges etc., but rarely credit for nights stayed. I loved the Intercontinental Dublin. I could get enough points from two 30 hr layovers to pay for a room at many IHG properties.

Try putting a card on file at check in and charging a meal or bottle of water to the room and see if they give you credit. As mentioned by someone else though, it boils down to the hotel manager.