Thread: WB Reserve
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 05:10 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Redbird611 View Post
Any thoughts on what a junior 765, 330, or 350 F/O would typically credit per month? I'm basing math on the reserve guarantee floor of 72 hours per month, but I see lineholders often completing schedules just over 65 hours. As a mid-seniority narrowbody F/O living in base I've consistently averaged 94 hours of credit per month working 15 days, including roughly 6 hours of premium pay per month. I'm curious what a realistic full year comparison would be.
I was living in base at 90% on the 330 and averaged 78 hours like Boog. However, that's because I would drop my entire schedule and pick up broken up/highly efficient trips as they appeared in open time. I'm not so sure that will be an option over the next year or so, and frankly most guys were unwilling to take that gamble. Most months my awarded line would be two 6-day trips worth 68 hours, in the summer they'd usually add another 3-day and bump the pay up 84 hours. I'd rarely ever get a GS, so maybe I'd get 1 a year. It's generally the same few senior guys getting the GS every month. I couldn't even get a GS over Christmas most years. I'd maybe get 1 or 2 SC a month and I think I only got called once on SC (5 hour callout)...over 3 years I probably bid reserve 50% of the time.

What's your view on the pay? Do you need/want the total dollars? What's a day off worth to you? Even at 68 hours for 12 days, your pay per day of work is more than working 15 days for 94 hours on a NB. International trips sign in later in the day and sign out fairly early in the afternoon/evening, also a plus.