View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 11:01 AM
Aphineday
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: Captain. CJ3+
Default Local Hiring Job Poll

This is just for fun, but also because I'm genuinely curious how other established folks might see this.

There is a local gig in a small town in rural Missouri. The aircraft is a Challenger 350. The flight department is usually just a two-person operation, using typed local folks to fill in when needed. They have an opening right now, as the second pilot left for an airline recall. The company is an established flight department, and had their airplane for over 10 years.

I have a friend with just over 7,000 hours, 2,000 PIC, currently flying as a charter captain in a CJ3. He applied for this job, and is likely the only truly local candidate. The town is not a super attractive place to live, and any of the other applicants would likely be from KC or STL, and over a 2 hour drive without relocating. I highly doubt that any of the other candidates would realistically want to move to this town. The schedule for this company is known maybe a week out, so it's not an overly commutable job.

My friend just had his (virtual) interview, which he said went well. He knows the CP, even though they aren't super close, but they all liked him, and he felt like it was a very good interview.

The question now, for all of you who may have some insight into the Coporate world: Would you hire the 7,000 TT with 2,000 CJ3 PIC who lives locally with a family and is very much wanting something closer to his kids, or do you go for one of the other, non-local candidates with potentially heavier jet time?

Thanks!