Thread: Nyc 320a
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 04:13 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by LeineLodge View Post
I was once an ATL-centric, “never New Yorker”. Circumstances in my life changed and I bid up first on a NB for Max seniority and then to the ER. Best years of my career. Out in SEA now, and while great, I can’t wait to get back someday.

Some of the best crews, most diverse flying and best relative seniority. If you’re even slightly inclined just take the plunge.

What Trip says is true. Guys get all bent out of shape trying to split a General taxi with the flight attendants hustling from one airport to the next. No wonder they think it sucks. Spend a couple bucks on ubers and hotels and enjoy the ride.

Best of luck to the OP.
Precisely . Folks miss out on the big picture staring at little stuff. If you're going to be super duper reserve for an extended period(probably 2017+ DOH) that's a different story but 50-80%(easily a line holder) NYC320A is 300K+ job on an airplane that's widely regarded as the easiest training program at Delta. Then you add in epic movement from retirements combined with fleet growth with the imminent arrival of the 321NEO. And folks want to talk about $40 uBers. Talk about stepping over a dollar to save a nickel.

Originally Posted by waldo135 View Post
I will be shocked if a good number of those DTW openings don’t get filled by current NYC 320A guys trying to improve their QOL, thus opening up more NYC slots.
I think you're spot on. With NYC being so commuter heavy I think the new positions on multiple fleets in DTW and SEA grab alot of folks out of NYC. Combine that with the NYC Widebody A positions freeing up alot of NB A positions in addition to the vacancies and you have all kinds of opportunities available in the Big Apple.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk