Thread: Nyc 320a
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 04:35 AM
FangsF15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by FL370esq View Post
What about DTW320A? There are only 22 posted vacancies in NYC with 5 pilots still holding reinstatement rights for a net of 17 vacancies as opposed to DTW with 69 posted vacancies with only 3 pilots holding reinstatement rights for a net of 66. Gonna have to be a lot more movement out of the NYC category to compete with the DTW category.
There are always more positions filled than what is posted, especially on an epic bid like this. There will be a lot of extra “contingent vacancies” from the cascade of senior openings as people move up/on. As in, a LOT. There will probably be positions filled on nearly every single position across every base, despite a lack of posted vacancies. (For example, there are 0 ATL320B posted, there will be 30-40 awarded, I’ll bet)

I cannot overemphasize enough to bid what you want, regardless of the AE Memo. Not only will you not get what you don’t ask for, someone else probably will.

it’s going to be a helluva ride. Mother of all MOAB’s. I suspect the biggest bid any of us will ever see. 1000 A’s, 800 new captains projected. The math is undeniable.

Last edited by FangsF15; 04-14-2021 at 04:47 AM.