Thread: Amerijet
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 05:07 PM
Commit Aviation
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by KSUto64 View Post
So if they’re taking Home Basing off the table is there going to be an improvement to the commuter clause?
We have not even opened contract talks yet. In fact only just did the NMB training last week. And completing the ALPA portion this week. No date has been set as to when both sides will meet. So the DO can say whatever he wants. But we haven’t had one contract meeting yet. So that issue is still very much on the table and is not something we want to table. We are done being Miami centric. As our business expands into more ACMI the only way to support it is home basing. And our “temp base” BS proves it. We already are doing it for pilots who hold those lines so the argument does not really hold water with me personally.

As for swimming in our “pool” I do not know. We tentatively have plans to run monthly 6 person upgrade classes. And we have aircraft acquisitions coming as well. We will need to hire for that plus any attrition. We are beginning to see some of our expats bailing to other places due to their 777 experience. It’s always been a challenge here with corporate communications. My best advice is if In the pool stay engaged. Follow up weekly. Good luck. We need good folks here. Just know we’re a work in progress.