Old 04-16-2021, 06:31 AM
Flyfalcons
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Yet another sign that humanity is basically doomed:

Today in the crew van there were just five of us: two pilots, two FAs and the driver.

Now I happen to personally know that all four crewmembers, myself included, are fully vaccinated. And we know the driver, we stay at this hotel multiple times per month. He's fully vaccinated as well.

We were all masked...yet I got scolded for taking my mask off briefly to have a sip of coffee. (I was sitting in the rearmost row of seats, a good 10-15 feet behind the driver.) At 0530, telling me I can't have my coffee is a risky proposition.

I politely said, "Sorry, sure...but..ummm...we're all fully vaccinated in this van, right? As in, more than two weeks since your second shot. So we're good, yes?" Driver replies, "Yes, but I could still catch it from you." To be polite, of course, I gave up on the idea of hot coffee that morning (it's a long van ride to the airport and no crew lounge where I could reheat it.)

But still. If the driver's viewpoint is an opinion shared by more than a few vaccinated people, we're all screwed. It'll be masks everywhere until the end of time.
That line of thinking is prevalent among a certain direction politically leaning group in society. And as WutKnob said, there are more of them then there are of us. Gives you hope for the future of humanity, doesn't it?