View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:26 AM
sky jet
Polyester Pilot

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by MTSTCK View Post
I appreciate the sentiment and the support for vets, but unfortunately, as a plopter guy (V-22), we do not have the same hours as some other TMS, or I would have to stay in another 3 years and a couple of deployments to get the same amount of flight hours to have enough for the Majors. Most guys in our community have to be well into their Major tour before they are likely to have the amount of hours.

As for the late nights and hard work, not an issue for me in order to get paid more than the regionals and get the flight time. More of a night owl myself anyways and growing up in Cleveland, little cold ain't hurt anyone lol
Have you looked into this?

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/a...-eligible.html

I know Atlas/Southern has issues, anyone who reads these boards regularly does. In your situation you would probably get as much or more flight time per year in the 737 at Southern as a year in a 9/80 at USAJet and they don't load their own freight. The 737 might be a more relevant type for todays airline recruiters also. When you get the time, leave. If they get a better contract and you want to fly bigger jets, stay. It certainly wouldn't hurt to check it out. If the hiring at the most desirable places does pick up soon, as some think, you might quickly find that some other companies you currently think are out of reach are suddenly attainable. Thanks for your service. Good luck.