View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Deez340
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Caution - THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY - and may not even provide any entertainment.

and just to fight fire with fire...

The NWA pilots have posted they should get the top 400, or 500, spots because of their 747-400's being bigger than Delta's aircraft. True, ALPA merger policy by paycheck and equipment type supports the NWA claim.

But, if that is true, what does it mean for the A319/320 and DC-9 pilots who's aircraft are smaller than the Delta MD88/90? Those pilots stapled? Either version does not seem "fair" to me.

Here's my version of fair (although no one asked, or is listening, just an opinion).

1. Use some equity money to buy a number of pilots into retirement (roughly the number of pilots getting displaced by the retirement of the DC-9)
2. Merge the company by some sort of ratio that best aligns with current bid & DOH.
3. Put firm fences around bases and equipment types lasting until large numbers of retirements happen
4. Bring the wholly owned subsidiaries on board, stapled below you and me, by DOH at their respective carriers, allowing them to keep their longevity for benefits.
5. Re-write scope to force Delta/NWA to only outsource additional jets to pilots onTHEseniority list.

What do you think? The most important part of that plan in my view is to get the permitted aircraft type operators on the property and on the list. Management's plan to outsource much of NWA's narrowbody flying (we have the same at Delta) should not come at the expense of the pilots any more. It is getting to the point where everything smaller than a 757 is a consideration for outsourcing - it would be good to start that trend the other direction.
Sounds great to me!