View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by slinky View Post
NW has hired what like maybe a couple hundred new guys? We put almost 500 on property last year. Can you seriously suggest that a NW guy hired last month should be senior to a Delta guy hired in OCT 07, Aug 07? June 07?
Ahhh,

Just looking on our message board it looks like our guys are asking for DOH and being vilified for it.

Just listening to you Delta guys, it looks like some of you want it and some of you don't.

I will say that I have seen how this place (NWA) has been operating with crazy merger integration systems and its not good. The second you allow someone to bid something that someone more senior to you wants they will be ****ed for life.

Is there a solution? I'm sure there is. But, I have a feeling it won't be reached because of egos, and a whole lot of "my airplane" "your airplane" "my seat" "your seat" stuff.

Personally, I KNOW I don't own any of these airplanes over here with red tails. (Ok, well maybe I do feel that I own a piece of the Compass and Mesaba airplanes because my paycut helped pay for them) And I don't really care if a Delta pilot who has been flying for Delta longer than I have been at NWA gets to bid the -400 before me. Sometimes I think our egos as pilots get in the way of far too many things. Good luck to us all.