View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
rvr350
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: west coast wannabe

Originally Posted by ExAF View Post
If you didn't hear it from your union reps...don't believe it. If you read it in the paper and you get yourself all spun up over it, you aren't very bright. BE PATIENT. They don't have the smoking BK gun to our head this time. If ALPA can't come up with an integration plan in time for the company, then tough. If both pilot groups don't benefit, then there isn't any real reason to support a merger. I'd rather see the negotiators take their time and get it right rather than rush to appease the companies and end up eating a sh@t sandwich. All this he said, she said is very entertaining, but you shouldn't put any credence in it and it won't make one bit of difference. If you aren't on the negotiating committee, you don't know sh@t. Just chill and trust the guys doing the work to get it right (unless they are the red book reps). I for one would be content to continue without a merger. If only we could do that and lose Steenland.
Very wise advice indeed. It is the scenario where you want to have your cake and eat it too! We all know mgmt can move ahead with the merger if they like, but they also know the prices they will pay in the future, i.e. east/west us airway. So it's time to regain what we've given up for the past 7 years and rebuild this career we all love. I totally agree that if we can't please both pilot group, then this merger probably shouldn't happen.

On another point, if the only thing this merger accomplishes is to "promote" Steenland out of his current post, i think it is a success already