View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 12:49 PM
DanMarino
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Not automatic at this point I believe, the systems don't interact with each other.

The FAA is known to have on at least a couple of occasions gained access to data downloads of other .gov databases (social security and VA) and apparently run cross checks which resulted in a number revocations and federal prison time.

They way they get around HIPPA is because they're not looking at your *medical* data from other agencies but rather your finances (disability pay) which is fair game. Once they get a hit on disability pay which you din't report to the FAA then they can get a warrant for the medical details. At which point the FAA turns it over to the DOJ since it's a federal felony. They added the question on the form about disability pay about the time this all started... not hard to guess why.

But obviously even that's enough to catch you eventually if you try to game the system. Would probably be better if they did auto-cross check everything up front, so they could clear it all up before issuing medicals. But the way it is now you can definitely get more than enough rope out of the system to hang yourself before the system catches up to you... and it might takes years to catch up.
Thanks Rick, definitely not an issue for me. I’m actually asking in reference to how detailed Wright Patt wants FC1 after having previous FAA medicals. Assume it’s best to be conservative and mention everything and let them decide what’s useful and what’s not. Just didn’t want to skip an appointment I would have listed in getting my FAA First Class renewed and then have WP “bust” me for it.