View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:15 AM
caddis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 320B

Originally Posted by finis72 View Post
Let me get this right;NW pilots get pay raises to DL rates,access to new aircraft deliveries this year and DOH. DL pilots get leather jackets. I think that is DOA.
Fins,

Let me give you my perspective as a 10 year NWA guy.

We have about a 1100 to 1200 normal age 65 retirements in the next 10 years, DAL has about 500 to 600.

About 20% of our list will be retiring and about 8% of your list. You have a very young pilot group ours is older.

We are parking some of our DC 9's but we are aquiring more a320s. You have 777s on order we have 787 on order 15 firm 50 options.

We will get a raise to DAL rates but both groups will get rates above that because of the merger.

So the question is how do we work this all out to be fair. Here is my simpleton idea.

A date of hire list with conditions. The condition is fences, 10 years accross the widebodies sounds about right. You keep your 777 and 767ER for your advancement we keep our 747, A330, and 787. After 10 years we will be on a normal retirement flow. Secondly is a no bump no flush across the board. You keep your seat after the merger only movement comes through vacancy awards.

I am know it may seem a bit simple but sometimes simple is the best. Whatever is done this group needs to unite for the future. Or am I the only one that worries about $1 Billion form KLM/Air France and cabotage.

As for the leather jackets, double breasted suits, and hats... now that is complicated.