View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 AM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
The only problem with that is newbs at NWA have FAR better seniority progression over the next 10 years than DAL newbs. Most of us chose NWA because of the seniority progression. This whole thing should go based on career expectations. If you were set to retire at #100 for retirement at DAL thats very close to where you should be in a combined list. I am set to retire probably in the top 20 at NWA if we stay on our own. I tell you what lets do DOH and put up 38 year fences
I chose Delta over NWA because Delta was hiring lots more and I knew I would have better relative seniority at Delta with the growth. I know NWA has lots of retirements, but the growth at Delta puts you in a better relative position than retirements at NWA would have put me. I've been at Delta for 7 months and I'm 95% on the list. That would not happen at NWA even with the "massive" retirements that may or may not happen for another 5 years now. Growth is driving the progression at Delta and it is better than retirements at NWA. 100 more newhires next month is much better than retirements for nearly the whole year at NWA. I'm set to retire about 30 or so at Delta so should you go ahead of me even though my relative seniority is higher? I don't think your projected retirement position matters, it is the relative position. So if you were to retire at 20 or so on a 5000 pilot list, you should end up retiring about 50 or so on a 12,000 pilot list.